The numerous procedures that are considered to be cosmetic dentistry in Michigan City offer benefits to your health and wellness that can improve not just your smile, but your overall wellbeing and lifestyle. Cosmetic dental treatments can make maintaining good oral hygiene easier, boost confidence and improve your social and professional life.
General dentistry procedures include dental cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canal therapy and similar treatments and cosmetic dentistry in Michigan City expands on and enhances these services to improve overall dental health.
Following are 10 ways cosmetic dentistry can benefit you.
1. Cosmetic Dentistry Evolution: Cosmetic dental treatments and procedures continue to evolve to become more effective, quicker, pain-free and successful. Cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening are painless and don’t require anesthetic. Involved procedures like dental implants require precision, sedation and qualified expertise that ensure that the process is as anxiety-free as possible.
2. Restoring Confidence: If you’re not entirely happy with your smile, you may not share it with the world as often as you’d like and this is where cosmetic dentistry shines. Cosmetic dental treatments can improve your quality of life and boost confidence, as you no longer have to worry about discolored, crooked, chipped or missing teeth.
3. Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments: The procedures considered to be cosmetic dentistry – as opposed to orthodontic dentistry – can vary among dental practices, but there are several treatments commonly considered cosmetic dental treatments.
4. In-Office Teeth Whitening: Unlike whitening treatments available for purchase in a store, dental office teeth whitening provide consistent, effective and safe results. A cosmetic dentist customizes in-office teeth whitening treatments to your teeth and whitening needs and this virtually eliminates tooth sensitivity.
5. Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are thin shells that a cosmetic dentist bonds to the front surface of a tooth to repair discoloration and improve the overall appearance of a smile.
6. Dental Bridges: To fill large spaces between teeth or replace missing teeth, cosmetic dentists often install dental bridges. Dental bridges are less invasive than dental implants and involve less time than Orthodontics but they do require modification to the adjoining teeth.
7. Dental Crowns: Dental crowns can help repair a cracked or chipped tooth and restore their natural shape. The dentist can usually apply them in one visit and they’re a viable option when a tooth has more decay than a filling alone can repair.
8. Dental Implants: Dental implants offer a viable tooth replacement option to dental bridges and dentures. Dental implant procedures and materials have greatly improved over the past several years and now include immediate load implants. Capable of replacing a single tooth or multiple teeth, dental implants match the color and appearance of your natural teeth with a more permanent solution than bridges or dentures.
9. Oral Health Improvements Of Cosmetic Dental Treatments: Although cosmetic dentistry in Michigan City may seem mostly aesthetic, it can actually improve oral health maintenance. Repairing damaged teeth helps prevent further decay and lowers the risk of infection when there’s a severe crack in the tooth. Dental bridges or implants that fill the gap left by a missing tooth prevent other teeth from shifting into the open space and causing misalignment.
10. Protecting Your Smile: Many factors affect the health of your teeth such as age, diet, medical conditions and the level of oral hygiene you practice daily. The best way to protect your teeth is to brush twice daily, floss at least once a day, maintain regular dental exams and cleanings and avoid bad habits like tobacco use.
With cosmetic dentistry in Michigan City, you can receive your dream smile, proudly share it with the world, boost your confidence and improve your overall wellbeing. Why wait another minute? Call our office right now to schedule a consultation!